Learning how – is the most important thing
The Sleep Better System can be taught
in individual, small group, or corporate settings.
- The recommended schedule is three to four sessions, meeting once per week for three or four consecutive weeks. Alternatively, the same information can be presented in a three hour workshop. Sessions can be tailored to the customer’s needs and goals.
- Each session is 50 minutes and will provide instructions and materials for two techniques: 1 for sitting and 1 for lying. Participants receive handouts at the end of each session to encourage practicing the techniques throughout the week.
- In addition, individuals who complete the Sleep Better System sessions are given the option to download audio-recordings of sessions for a nominal fee.
Guided Natural Breathing
- Learning to discover and restore the natural rhythm of your breath is the first step. Unlike conventional breathing exercises, Guided Natural Breathing GNB works without any direct control or manipulation of the breath. As the result of stresses, one of the most important biological rhythms that gets disturbed is the rhythm of the breath.
- GNB provides a foundation for all relaxation techniques you will learn.
- Guided Natural Breathing provides a bridge for you to switch from the activated waking state and the deactivated physical and mental state that precedes sleep.
Day Time Techniques
- Day Time relaxation techniques are techniques that combine Guided Natural Breathing with gentle physical movement. You are invited to practice the Day Time Techniques three times a day for a minimum of ten minutes either sitting or lying.
- Reducing excess physical and mental activation during waking hours is one of the very best things you can do to ensure deep, restful sleep at night.
Night Time Techniques
- Night Time relaxation techniques involving your natural breath and the exploration of gentle, physical movement are explored in bed prior to falling asleep and/or if waking up at night to help you return to sleep quickly. The slow, gentle movements are low-intensity stimuli that actively trigger the inhibitory faculties of the brain to produce a powerful tranquilizing effect.
- The Night Time Techniques are most effective when done as part of an integrated practice along with Day Time Techniques.
I found myself waking at 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning and I struggle to go back to sleep. … Since Marika’s Sleep Better classes, I have gone for over 2 weeks with not having to wake up in the middle of the night … I would highly recommend Marika’s Sleep Better classes. ”